Are you an experienced team lead, ready to confidently manage multiple areas of work across a team, with a quality assurance focus and fostering a positive team culture? The Deaf Academy are recruiting for a Manager to lead our Education Administration team. Based at our brand-new award-winning campus for day and residential students, this is a unique opportunity to join our fantastic team and directly impact our young people’s experience and achievements.
Reporting to the Head of School, this role will lead our friendly and professional team of 4 staff, providing high-quality administration and coordination support across student admissions, attendance, student data and annual review processes, exams, timetabling, reporting, reception and parent communication.
You’ll be familiar with embedding processes and systems well across a team, ready to delve into the detail to ensure quality processes across our areas of education and student data and lead our team with clear vision and purpose to serve the academy well. You’ll be alongside the team in also receiving training from our external system experts, as well as have coaching from the Head of School that enables you to learn quickly as a middle leader in the academy and apply this to your role. The role will include producing written reports and MIS data, stepping into minute taking when required, as well as being a friendly front-of-house support in covering Reception during any breaks. A varied and exciting role for a talented team leader.
· To provide management and coordination of the Education Administration Team, quality assurance of systems and processes and supporting a positive and ambitious team culture
· Be the expert in academy student data processes, ensuring the systems and processes of tracking information are accurate and effective
· To work collaboratively across the academy for core processes to run effectively, driving clarity of information, decisions and record management
· To provide senior administrative support to the Education and Care Senior Leadership team
· To be responsible for the coordination of lunch and breaktime rotas
· Be an active member of the middle leadership team for the academy, in supporting academy culture and values and wider charity mission
· Good general education to at least GCSE, including English grade C/5 or above
· Level 3 qualification in Business Administration, or equivalent
· Experience of working in the education, care or charity sector, able to apply knowledge to support process improvements
· Proficient in using IT and systems, including producing reports and record management
· Forward-thinking, with initiative to drive projects and change forward to positive impact
· Ability to plan and organise effectively, and lead others
· Organised, with attention to detail and precision when dealing with data
We will offer:
· A CPD program geared to your specific training needs
· Sponsorship to achieve qualifications in British Sign Language up to Level 3
· Group Personal Pension including 8% employer contribution
· Life Assurance up x3 of actual salary
· Recruitment referral bonus scheme of £500 in total
· On-site parking
· Subsidised lunches for £2
· Cycle to work scheme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
· The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students
· Opportunity to work in a brand-new purpose-built campus located within a very close proximity to the beach
|Education Administration Manager JD.docx
|Education Administration Manager
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS check is required.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020).
The Academy is a Disability Committed Employer in promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff. The Academy is also signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant in supporting ex-service personnel in recognising their skills and experience.
|GCSE Maths and English grade 4-9 (A-C) or equivalent
|NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent